- August 2, 2016: 10am-10pm: Complete cluster outage due to power work and upgrades
- Nov. 13, 2015: Please switch to use our new google pages: https://sites.google.com/a/physics.umd.edu/umdt3/
- Sep. 10, 2015: Condor submission works but you will find in ALL cases you need to modify your .jdl file to include (this is different from your older scripts):
Requirements = TARGET.FileSystemDomain == "privnet"
- Please use the Help for Users web page to get communication emails for all the System administrators
Note that most status pages do not produce output that is easily readable. If you are a user looking for current cluster load, the best monitor for your needs is probably Ganglia. Use the Condor monitor to ascertain the status (and availability) of batch slots. SAM tests if the site is technically capable of servicing grid jobs. The list of currently hosted datasets can be found on the PhEDEx website.
- Squid Frontier server (primarily intended for cluster admins)
- RDC temperature monitor (primarily intended for cluster admins)
- PhEDEx datasets at T3_US_UMD
- PhEDEx links (primarily intended for cluster admins)
- Grid monitors:
- Grid policy
How To -User guide: Learn how to get an account, connect to the cluster, transfer files, run CMSSW, submit condor jobs and more.
How To -Admin guide: A step-by-step guide with instructions specific to install and configure all software needed by our cluster. Includes a list of critical files, instructions for recovery from failure, and solutions to encountered errors. No longer up to date, Sept. 2015, admins of hepcms, please consult our private Google pages.
Help -For users: A list of emails and links to get further information. Includes links for CMSSW, Root, Condor, CRAB, DBS, PhEDEx, and CVS.
Help -For admins: A list of emails or listservs to get further help. Includes addresses for Rocks, OSG T3 sites and CMS grid tools.
Configuration: A description of the cluster, including the functions of the various nodes, the hardware, disk partitions and network configuration. Intended for admins and advanced users. No longer up to date, Sept. 2015